Please note that this site is under construction, so results from calculators are not finalised.
InSite Water is an Integrated Water Management tool designed for use on single lots in Australia that need quick and accurate stormwater engineering answers.
This site will allow you to optimise:
– detention tank sizing
– stormwater treatments such as raingardens
– water savings through efficiency
– water tank size
– water retention and infiltration sizing
This site is simple to use but provides robust stormwater design and engineering answers.
To get started register then go to ‘My Projects’ in the top menu and then click on the ‘New Project’ button. Complete the three pages of the tool and submit it to be able to generate reports.
To generate reports go to ‘Reporting’ in the top menu. You can save a draft, or return and edit or update a completed project at any time, but make sure you save your changes using the ‘Save Draft’ button in the tool or the ‘Update’ button on the fourth page.
Registration is free.Register
We have a range of subscription options and support services for Councils and water authorities.
InSite Water is designed and maintained by Ian Adams BEng(Env) MIEAust GSAP and the team at Organica Engineering. We are an independent engineering consultancy specialising in helping organisations and projects thrive on Integrated Water Management and other sustainability opportunities. We are based in Melbourne, Australia. This site has been developed with the support of Manningham Council and Melbourne Water.
We would like to thank the following people for their advice and technical support:
Melissa Bradley – Water Sensitive SA
Andrew Allan – Stormwater Australia
Dr Peter Coombes – Urban Water Cycle Solutions
Professor John Argue AO – University of South Australia
Baden Myers – University of South Australia
Chris Beardshaw – Afflux consulting
Edmund Horun – RMIT University
InSite Water Change Log
Version 2.1 release Aug 2018
– Enhancement – New projects page with one table to edit and delete existing projects
– Enhancement – New ‘roof area’ option in impervious areas table. The ‘roof area’ option allows users to easily adjust the area of a roof connected to a water to a water tank. Please note for this update to work well for existing projects, please change and then re-select the ‘Council’ from the dropdown on the first page – as this will reload all of the local climate data.
– Minor adjustment – tank detention allowance is now 33% of tank volume instead of 25%.
– Added an option to manually enter the building occupancy from ‘Building Type’ dropdown menu in ‘Building Spaces’ occupancy calculator section