InSite Water is an Integrated Water Management tool designed for use on single lots in Australia that need quick and accurate stormwater engineering answers.
This site will allow you to optimise:
– detention tank sizing
– stormwater treatments such as raingardens
– water savings through efficiency
– water tank size optimisation
– volume management using water retention and infiltration sizing
Please note that we believe in continuous improvement, so numerical results may evolve over time.
This site is simple to use but provides robust stormwater design and engineering answers.
To get started register then go to ‘My Projects’ in the top menu and then click on the ‘New Project’ button. Complete the three pages of the tool and submit it to be able to generate reports.
To generate reports go to ‘Reporting’ in the top menu.
You can save a draft, or return and edit or update a completed project at any time, but make sure you save your changes save button on the last page.
Registration is free.Register
InSite water has been developed collaboratively and is supported by Council Licenses. Please feel free to download our brochure for Council License options.
Councils currently licensed to this tool:
- Greater Dandenong
- Yarra Ranges
- Hobsons Bay
We have a range of license options and support services for Councils and water authorities. Council Licenses
InSite Water is designed and maintained by the team at Organica Engineering. We are an independent engineering consultancy specialising in partnering with other organisations on Integrated Water Management and other sustainability opportunities. We are based in Melbourne, Australia.
We would like to thank the following people for their advice and technical support:
Melissa Bradley – Water Sensitive SA
Andrew Allan – Stormwater Australia
Dr Peter Coombes – Urban Water Cycle Solutions
Professor John Argue AO – University of South Australia
Baden Myers – University of South Australia
Chris Beardshaw – Afflux consulting
Edmund Horun – RMIT University
Micah Pendergast – Melbourne Water
InSite Water Change Log
Version 2.2 release Sep 2019
– Reinstated local adjustment factors for stormwater Quality calculations to closer emulate STORM scores
– Added pervious paving as a treatment option. Pervious paving area will reduce the impervious area counted by the tool.
Version 2.1 release Aug 2018
– Enhancement – New projects page with one table to edit and delete existing projects
– Enhancement – New ‘roof area’ option in impervious areas table. The ‘roof area’ option allows users to easily adjust the area of a roof connected to a water to a water tank. Please note for this update to work well for existing projects, please change and then re-select the ‘Council’ from the dropdown on the first page – as this will reload all of the local climate data.
– Minor adjustment – tank detention allowance is now 33% of tank volume instead of 25%.
– Added an option to manually enter the building occupancy from ‘Building Type’ dropdown menu in ‘Building Spaces’ occupancy calculator section